Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Estimated Cost of Trip

Happy New Year!  I am excited at the arrival of the new year and my plans for returning to Germany for Christmas this year.  It was great to see family over the holidays, but I am more resolved than ever to continue my new tradition of spending Christmas in Germany.  I have made contact once again with Gastehaus Hohe Tannen to ensure availability of the separate apartment and several rooms in the main house.  I will be making reservations soon, based upon tentative commitments from individuals.  In the meantime, I'm attaching a basic estimate of expenses for the trip.  This is only an estimate, as prices AND exchange rates fluctuate.  Lodging costs are averaged and based upon double-occupancy.  Food costs are based upon individuals eating the provided breakfast, simple lunches and snacks, and modest evening meals.  Cost of alcohol is not included, although beer runs only slightly more than soft drinks.  I suggest early and often searches for airfares to MUNICH to ensure the best fares.  Please don't make the mistake of booking into Frankfurt am Main, as this will add considerable time and expense to the last leg of your trip to Garmisch (and possibly a rescue mission performed by ME!).  Skiing and snowboarding costs are estimated below; activities abound for those who do not wish to ski or snowboard.  I expect to firm up my dates in the next few weeks, although yours my vary.  Tschuss!
John


Estimated Costs of basic expenses - minus extraneous expenses (souvenirs, etc.)
Airfare to Munich$900.00
Lodging (based upon dual occupancy)$225.00
Transportation (trains, buses, auto)$100.00
Skiing / Snowboarding (based upon two days)$150.00  (not applicable to all persons)
Food$250.00
Side Trips (castles, tours, etc.)$100.00
Total (estimated)$1575-$1725

No comments:

Post a Comment